Controller at Equipedit
Equip is a virtual program helping families recover from eating disorders at home. We provide comprehensive, gold-standard care created informed by experts in the field and people in recovery. Equip’s five-person care teams include dietitians, physicians, therapists, peer mentors and family mentors. Together, they deliver wrap-around treatment to support progress and lasting recovery.
We created Equip to increase access to evidence-based treatment for all people affected by eating disorders. Our team, patients, treatment, and brand reflect the diversity of those affected by eating disorders. In line with this mission, we are committed to partnering closely with insurance companies and other stakeholders to advance access to care.
Equip is looking for a Controller to join our growing team. This individual will be responsible for all accounting operations — including technical accounting, compliance, tax, financial reporting,– financial planning and analysis, risk management (e.g., insurance) and contracting, and scaling systems and processes. The ideal candidate brings both a strong background in traditional accounting and a proven ability to develop and implement financial processes in a startup environment. This individual will need to be attentive to detail and able to see the big picture and think strategically to set the company up for success as we grow and evolve. We are looking for someone who is passionate about building systems and teams from the ground up and who relishes the opportunity for continuous process improvement.
● Own Equip’s accounting efforts, infrastructure, standards, and processes. This includes:
○ Maintaining all financial records (currently in Quickbooks), performing monthly, quarterly, and yearly close process including account reconciliation and transaction categorization, AP/AR and collections, and annual audit.
○ Developing and evolving processes, internal controls, policies, and infrastructure that support the scaling of our business and comply with professional standards and regulatory requirements
○ Managing employee benefit enrollment, payroll, and expenses
○ Owning the financial aspect of all outside vendor relationships; receive, track, and pay invoices
● Lead Equip’s finance efforts, including:
○ Financial planning and analysis, budgeting, and updating financing models to reflect results
○ Leading and implementing process and systems changes and improvements to ensure accurate and timely financial and operating metric reporting, including partnering with internal teams to do so on a department-level basis
● Spearhead all risk management and compliance efforts, including
○ Handling all insurance needs
○ Overseeing contracting efforts
○ Ensuring compliance with all federal, state and local corporate income, payroll, tax, and other required regulatory filings
○ Maintaining compliance with all customer contracts
● Drive operational efficiencies through systems implementations and automation of tasks
● 5+ years experience; ideally, you have have experience at both a Big 4 accounting firm and in an operational role at a venture-backed startup
● Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance; CPA preferred but not required
● Proficiency in Quickbooks and working knowledge of other accounting software so that you can build out our tools and processes as appropriate
● Ability to work creatively and flexibly to find the right process solutions within the context of our business model and stage of growth
● Ability to multi-task, prioritize, problem solve, and work independently in a rapidly changing environment
● Highly collaborative with a deep sense of ownership and accountability
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills
● Strong project management skills and ability to work cross functionally
● Healthcare experience is preferred but not required
Equip prioritizes candidates with a passion for the mission and lived experience. Additionally, we welcome applicants who have been historically been ignored in the eating disorder community, including BIPOC, LGBTQIA+ individuals, and people in larger bodies. Please include a resume and cover letter.
Competitive salaries and bonuses, flexible hours from home, unlimited time-off, health benefits, career development opportunities, and exciting team retreats are among the myriad benefits you’ll experience while working at Equip.
Equip is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
**TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION VISIT https://equiphealth.recruitee.com/o/controller/c/new **